Top: Le Château similar | Sandals: Le Chateau similar | Bag: Le Château | Sunglasses: Le Château similar | Earrings: Le Château | Necklace: Le Château | Denim: Forever 21
White in general is essential for Spring and the perfect white shirt is a must. You can opt for a button up white shirt (shop here) or statement white shirt - for me I chose to go for statement!
Since white is a very neutral color, even a statement white shirt is very subtle and extremely easy to style.
Here are a few tips on how to style your white shirt for Spring:
1. Pair it with denim. You can choose denim that is distressed, light-washed, straight leg or a fringe hem. Depending on the style you choose, your look can range from more formal (with a darker wash denim) to more weekend-ready (with a light wash or distressed pair).
2. Dress it up for work. Style your white shirt with some sleek trousers (shop here) or a flattering skirt and you have a complete work ensemble!
3. Go minimal or go bold. Since the white shirt is so versatile, you can look great with either choice. I chose to pair my shirt with a subtle pair of hoops earrings and dainty layered necklaces but it would have been just as easy (and stylish) to throw on some statement earrings or a standout necklace.
4. Add some layers. Spring can be quite cool still so I always like to have the option of adding some layers to my outfit. Throw on a light cardigan (shop here) or trench coat (shop here) to keep warm and also add some dimension to your outfit.
5. Play with your neutrals. Looking for that effortlessly cool look? Choose all neutrals when styling your white shirt. Even though I have 4 different colors in this outfit, I stuck to a neutral color palette with each piece - a black bag, camel sandals, light denim and the white shirt. These pieces alone are great foundation for building a timeless, capsule wardrobe.
Stay tuned for Part 2 coming live to the blog on Monday!
This post is brought to you by Le Château. All thoughts, opinions and styling are my own.
Follow along with Follow