We have been experiencing a heat wave where I live lately and I find myself reaching for clothing that is light and breathable. Crop tops are a steady staple in my wardrobe because they can be styled so many different ways. Not to mention, they're perfect for hot days! I'm loving this crop top from Romwe because it's proportions are perfectly balanced and I don't feel overexposed. Even if you're fuller figured and worried this style is not for you, read on. There are even options for those with sexy curves!
1. Opt for High Waist Bottoms: When I wear a midriff, I choose bottoms with a higher-waist fit. This could include denim (as pictured above), a bodycon skirt or a flowy maxi skirt. This is a great option for anyone hesitant about wearing a crop top because it leaves only a sliver of skin exposed.
2. Choose a "faux" crop top: You can still go crop without showing stomach. If you're on the fence with a full crop, this may be the safest option for you! Click here to see how I've styled a faux crop top.
3. Long Sleeves: This option adds a bit more modesty to the crop top (as pictured above).
4. Loose Fit: Rather than choosing a bodycon crop-top, you can opt for something more loose fitting (like the top pictured above) Again, little exposed but still in keeping with the crop-top trend.
5. Matching Separates: Matching separates have become more and more popular and there are even options for more formal wear. Click here to see how I've styled matching separates in the past.
How do you like to style and wear your crop tops?
O U T F I T D E T A I L S:
1.Top: c/o Romwe
2. Denim: American Eagle similar
3. Shoes: Browns similar
4. Sunnies: H&M
5. Bag: Chanel