Top: Talula | Jacket: Zara similar | Skirt: H&M | Boots: H&M (on sale!) | Stockings: similar | Hat: H&M similar | Shades: Ray Ban | Scarf: Forever 21 similar | Bag: Chanel
I'm currently in L.A. for the week and the hubby and I have been enjoying exploring the city. I've been to L.A. quite a few times but never really took the time to explore. We would mostly visit touristy spots like Disneyland but this time we planned to check out more local spots. Stay tuned for some of my favourite areas and restaurants to visit in and around L.A.
When planning my vacation outfits, I like to dress specifically for the place I'm visiting. If I'm going to a tropical destination, my wardrobe will reflect that. For New York, think minimalist. For L.A. I chose a mix between boho-chic and edgy rocker. Of course people in any given city will have their own spin on personal style, but this is how I prepared my wardrobe for my L.A. vacation.
1. The perfect hat. I've worn a hat almost everyday I've been here. There is something about a hat that really elevates the look of every outfit. It gives it that cool L.A. vibe.
2. Round shades. They complete any and every outfit. I'll even wear them when it's overcast or rainy. It provides a sense of mystery behind the girl in the glasses.
3. Fishnet stockings. I wear these back at home but even more so in L.A. You can pair them with skirts, your favourite loafers or under a distressed pair of jeans.
4. The perfect shoes. I've been wearing a lot of slip-ons, loafers and booties.
5. It's all about the denim. Denim skirts, denim jackets and raw denim hemlines all work well for L.A. style.
Do you specifically style your wardrobe for the places you visit on vacation? What is your take on L.A. fashion?