Glasses: Similar here and here | Jacket: Forever 21 + similar here | Pants: H&M similar | Boots: H&M similar | Top: H&M similar | Scarf: Forever 21 similar | Bag: Chanel
I had been wanting to try the grandpa/grandma glasses trend for a while, but it took me time to find the perfect pair. Now I have no idea if this is the correct name for this type of glasses but I distinctly remember my grandma owning a pair just like these when I was younger! I wasn't sure how to style them until I started wearing them frequently and realized they could really go with anything!
If you're a little on the fence about trying this clear glasses trend, read on for a few tips on how to make grandpa glasses your new best fashion accessory!
1. Stick to a neutral color palette. If you're worried that the glasses will attract attention, try playing down the rest of your outfit so that it doesn't compete with your spectacles. I chose almost every neutral out there: grey, black, cream and blush.
2. Frame your face (haha get it!) with your hair. I chose to wear mine curled and around my face. If you pull your hair back with frames this big they might REALLY stick out.
3. Keep your other accessories low-key. These glasses make a statement all on their own, so like the neutral color rule, you don't need your accessories competing with the standout pair of glasses.
4. Choose a silver frame. I tried a gold frame originally but I found they stood out even more. The silver frames felt more neutral and easy to style.
5. Have fun with them. Try them with maxi dresses, boho-inspired outfits (Officially Quigly styles them really well), denim and leather. They're a fun pair of glasses so if you feel fun wearing them, you'll look good no matter what! Oh and wear them with confidence!
What do you think of the grandpa glasses trend? Could you see yourself wearing a pair?
Follow along with Follow
Photos by the lovely Mitra from Leopard Couture. Be sure to check her out for some amazing fashion inspo!