Overalls: Similar | Top: Forever 21 | Jacket: Forever 21 similar | Hat: Forever 21 similar | Shades: Ray Ban | Loafers: Nine West similar
Never in a million years did I think I would be wearing overalls in my twenties. It's funny that style is is constantly a revolving door and lately the 90's have been making a huge comeback!
Today I want to share some Do's and Don'ts for overall styling. Unfortunately, these tips did not apply to me when I wore mine back in grade school =P
- DO: Select an alternate color, like black rather, than the denim blue when choosing your overalls.
- DON'T: Select a multi-color tie dye fabric unless you're dressing up as a groovy 70's hipster for a costume party. * Bonus style tip: if you want a splash of color, add a few cute patches to your overalls (see here).
- DO: Choose a tapered leg for a more up-to-date vibe.
- DON'T: Go for bell bottoms or a very shredded hem, you may be mistaken for a scarecrow in your neighbour's yard!
- DO: Play with your straps. Wear one strap or both straps down by your waist (see above) for a more relaxed look.
- DON'T: Let the sides of your body suit or underwear show if you opt to try styling this way.
- DO: Play with layering. Adding a fun coat or sassy bomber over top of your overalls can really change up your look and add dimension.
- DON'T: Layer underneath your overalls. The last thing you want is to look like the abominable snowman with bulky layers!
- DO: Have fun with your accessories. The right hat or sunglasses can really elevate the chicness of your styled overalls.
- DON'T: Overdo your accessories. The overall straps are almost an accessory themselves, therefore you don't want your jewelry or accessories to compete with your outfit.
On a side note, have any of you seen La La Land? This photoshoot was taken at one of the bridges (Colorado Street Bridge) they filmed at, for any of you movie buffs out there!
Follow on Follow