Vest: c/o Sans Souci | Top: Forever 21 | Denim: Forever 21 similar here and here | Bag: Gucci | Shoes: Zara similar
I re-launched my blog just under a year ago and I thought it would be nice to write a get to know you post with some random facts about me. I always enjoy learning more about my favorite bloggers so maybe you will too (not that I'm saying I'm your favorite =P but you know what I mean!).
1. I'm an only child or as I like to say "lonely" child =P. I had always wished for a sibling but it just wasn't meant to be. Now I'm determined to have at least two children so that they don't feel as lonely as I did growing up. Thankfully, I grew up with a ton of cousins around me so it actually wasn't too too lonely overall.
2. I'm half Caucasian and half Filipino. My Caucasian side, which comes from my dad, consists of French, English, Swiss mix and my mom is Filipino with a Spanish mix.
3. My full time profession is Registered Nurse and I have been practising for just under 5 years. Thankfully I work in the community and don't have to wear scrubs to work!
4. I married my high school sweetheart and we've been together 11 years! So all you youngins reading this, the person you're currently dating could be the one!
5. I've been singing since I was two years old. My mom used to have a "Minus 1" that would play cassette tapes and was attached to a mic. I grew up singing to Whitney Houston and classic hits. One of my favorite songs to sing was "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra. My mom was my biggest cheerleader and always encouraged me to sing "with feeling!".
6. I have a puppy that is almost as old as my relationship (guess she isn't really a puppy lol). She is my fur baby and I treat her like a baby. She actually lets me hold her like I hold babies at work which just makes me love her even more!
7. I'm deathly afraid of spiders and worms. I love to garden and if you're my neighbour I'm sorry because you will often hear me shrieking as I discover a spider or worm in my garden. I know that they're good contributors to having a healthy garden blah blah blah but they're just so gross! I usually can't touch that part of my garden until weeks later in fear that I'll find the same bug again.
8. I love to binge watch TV series. Please don't ever introduce me to a must-see series unless you never want to see me again because I won't stop watching until it's all done. One time I watched the entire series of the OC in one week! I play Netflix in the background of everything - as I get ready in the morning, as I cook, clean, blog.. everything! No wonder my monthly internet usage is so high!
9. I moved a lot as a kid, and I mean a lot! Probably a total of at least 8-9 homes from Elementary to High-school. That's why I'm determined to never move if I don't have to and have my kids and grandkids visit me in the same house forever lol.
10. I prefer dessert over main course. If given the option, I would start with dessert and I always make sure I save room for some at the end of my meals. My current favorite indulgence is macarons, cliche I know but who cares!
I hope I didn't bore you with these 10 random facts about me, but rather gave a little taste of who I am. If you have any requests for future blog posts or any questions you would like me to answer in a Q&A, leave your ideas and questions in a comment below. Thanks so much for visiting and continuing to support this crazy and fun journey with my blog!
PS. Special shout out to my girl Molly of allaboutgoodvibes.com for encouraging me to make a post like this! Go check her out for some beautiful fashion inspiration!
Follow along with Follow