As the weather warms up, the need for a weekend getaway intensifies. I tend to be a little bit of an over-packer (okay, little bit is an understatement) but I'm going to challenge myself to bring only what I need and maximize what I bring for my upcoming trip to Harrison.
Read on for tips on what clothing, shoes and accessories to bring for a weekend getaway and how to pack smartly for your trip.
1. Choose shoes that can be worn morning, noon and night. Rather than having a pair of shoes for every outfit, select a neutral pair of shoes to go with everything. A mule is the perfect all day shoe because it's comfortable enough to wear walking around and gives enough lift and height to pair with your evening outfits.
2. Bring one small bag and one tote. A tote can be used if you're spending any time by the pool or need an extra big bag for the beach. A small, crossbody bag can conveniently keep your hands free and is perfect for nights out when you don't want to be carrying anything too bulky.
3. Pack a swimsuit. Even if you're not going for a warm weekend away, a swimsuit is alway a must. You may want to take a dip in the hotel pool or relax in the jacuzzi. This black suit from Escape Essentials is perfect for a weekend getaway for those that don't want to be too exposed at a hotel pool (especially indoor pool) with its high-waist bottoms. You can also never go wrong with a black suit because you can easily change up your cover-up the next day for a completely new look!
4. Pack a dress appropriate for day and night. If you really want to shed the weight from your overnight bag, find clothing that can serve multiple functions. Choose a dress that can be styled for both day and night and choose accessories that will help you transition your outfit. Accessories are small and don't take up much room and they're the easiest way to change up your look. My favourite accessories to pack are a variety of sunglasses, especially for my Spring and Summer getaways.
5. Don't forget the essentials. Denim (either shorts or pants) t-shirts, a moto jacket or boyfriend blazer are all easy items that can be easily dressed up or down, making them the perfect weekend items to pack. They're also super comfortable and easy to wear for any type of activity you may choose to participate in when away. I also like to bring one set of workout clothes as I typically start my mornings with exercise. Don't forget a pair of sneakers if you plan to do the same!
I hope this guide was helpful in creating a fool proof list of what to pack for an weekend getaway. Of course you can't forget the other essentials like your socks and underwear but I figure most people already know to bring that (I hope =P!). Stay tuned for a list of recommendations on what toiletries and other miscellaneous items to bring for a weekend getaway so that your trip goes as smoothly as possible!
What are some of your must have clothing, shoes and accessories to pack for a weekend away?
Bikini: c/o Escape Essentials | Shades: Le Chateau | Mules: c/o Le Chateau | Hat: Similar | Card case: Kate Spade similar | Phone case: c/o Ideal of Sweden | Watch: c/o Timex | Denim Shorts: Levis similar | Swimsuit cover: Similar | White Kimono: c/o Mad Monkey Clothing | Tote: Tory Burch similar | Pink bag: c/o Le Chateau | Pink Sweater: c/o Sans Souci | Tee: Similar
This post is brought to you by Escape Essentials. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Follow along with Follow