I don't know about you, but as a blogger, and even just as someone that enjoys taking nice photos, I always try to find the most picturesque places to visit in a new city. Wouldn't it be nice to have a guide of where to go, with exact addresses when planning your trip?
Today, I'll be sharing my top 10 picture perfect spots to visit in Los Angeles. Keep in mind, this is based on my own experience and others may have a list that differs from mine =). Most of these locations I've personally visited, but a few on the list I didn't have a chance to get to - so I'll save it for next time!
1. Melrose Avenue. Melrose is perfect for shopping, people watching and taking pictures. From their Instagram worthy cafe's to their perfectly decorated (inside and out) stores, you will have plenty of photos-ops when walking along this street. A few of my favorite spots on Melrose are the following:
- Carrera Cafe: Not only is the inside pretty, the outside has a super cute lips mural. Perfect for upcoming Valentine's Day or if you're visiting with your significant other!
- Paul Smith: The famous pink wall. I don't know what could be more picture-perfect than an entire pink walk to take photos with. You may have to wait your turn as other bloggers and visitors come to this spot in hopes for the perfect photo. Location: 8221 Melrose Ave
- Made in LA Mural: Pretty self explanatory, a cool wall mural to pose next to. Location: 8025 Melrose Ave
- Alfred's Tea Room or Alfred's Coffee: Super cute both inside and outside and their matcha boba (bubble tea) and chai tea lattes are bomb!
- Walking along Melrose, you'll noticed high end brands like Fred Segal and Marc Jacobs, covered in Ivy. Super cute for taking photos with. Click here for outfit details.
2. Little Tokyo. We stumbled along this light tunnel in Little Tokyo and had so much fun taking photos there! They change colors from red/pink to white, so depending on your Instagram aesthetic, you can choose a color that best fits your feed! Location: 123 Astronaut E S Onizuka Street
Photo by Angel Alonzo
3. Runyon Canon. Looking for a perfect shot of the Hollywood sign or a view of all of Los Angeles, Hike the Runyon Canon trail and bring your camera. You may even spot a celebrity or two during your hike (I saw Christina Milan!).
4. The Getty. Do you like white, modern buildings and beautiful city views? The Getty Museum is the perfect spot for art culture as well as beautiful photo opportunities. Click here for outfit details.
5. Downtown Los Angeles (DTLA). I covered this pretty extensively in my previous post (view here) on what to eat, drink and do in DTLA but I wanted to include it in this list too because some of my favorite photos were taken there. Visiting a rooftop patio is a must! Click here and here for outfit details.
Photo by Angel Alonzo
6. Malibu Beach. Malibu is definitely worth checking out for their beautiful beach and stunning beach homes. Grab a bite to eat at Nobu and ask for a table outside to enjoy views of the ocean while snapping a few Insta-worthy shots of your meal! Click here for outfit details.
7. Santa Monica. I'm drawn to any play with a ferris wheel and endless palm trees, which is just what Santa Monica has! Stroll the pier, take a walk on the beach or visit the promenade for endless photo opportunities.
8. The Beverly Hills Hotel. I visited the Beverly Hills area but unfortunately didn't make it the the hotel. The pink building and super cute outdoor dining area speaks for itself. It's definitely on my list for the next time I visit LA.
10. Rodeo Drive. This spot is pretty self explanatory. Pretty shops, pretty shop windows - a must visit when in the L.A. area. Take a photo or two passing by Chanel or crossing the streets to get Gucci!
Have you ever visited Los Angeles before? What is one picturesque place you would recommend when visiting?
Follow on Follow