Whether it be genetics, or my prayers in middle school asking to remain shorter than all the boys in my grade, I stand tall (or short) at 5"2. I always like to appear taller than I am and I've actually been able to trick my friends and co-workers into thinking I am. To all my petite girls out there, today I'll be sharing a few tips on how to appear taller than you are. And if you happen to be one of the taller girls out there, be thankful you don't need the following shenanigans to help you because you are naturally blessed =)!
1. Always wear a heel (even a subtle one). I'm rarely in completely flat shoes. Most of my shoes and boots have a heel, even if it's the slightest one. Sometimes I'll opt for sky-high heels but I'm always conscious of the shoe support. The last thing I want is to purchase a shoe I can't even wear out for an evening because it's too painful! *Style Tip: Choose a platform heel that provides both height and support so your feet aren't singing after only a few hours of wear.
2. Choose high-waist bottoms. Most of my jeans and skirts hit just below my belly button. A high-waist bottom elongates your legs and keeps you looking lean!
3. Your hemline deserves attention. If you choose a hemline that is too cropped, it may cut you off and make you appear even shorter than you are. Since I'm quite short, most "cropped" pants fit as a regular pant anyways (see above =P).
4. Ensure the fit of your clothes is proportionate. If you're choosing a loose-fitting top, pair it with slimmer pant. If your entire outfit has a relaxed fit, add a heel for extra height.
5. Pay attention to your posture. I know this tip isn't about clothes but this has really helped me appear taller and more confident overall. I had the worst posture and my husband would always poke my back and tell me to stand up straight. After many years of consciously correcting myself, I can naturally stand tall and look taller doing so!
Use code 'WHOA$35' at checkout with sholadesigns.com to receive $35 off your next purchase!
Do you have any tips or tricks for looking taller with what you wear?
This post is brought to you by Shola. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Follow along with Follow